What Does the Bible Say About
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you…” Jeremiah 1:5
"For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well." Psalm 139:13-14
- The angel Gabriel announced to Mary her own miraculous conception, but also informed her that Elizabeth has “conceived a son” and she was in “her sixth month.” This was not a fetus, it was her son.
- The baby (John the Baptist) leapt for joy in his mother’s womb. Is a simple collection of cells capable of joy?
- Elizabeth called Mary the “Mother of My Lord” which indicates that Mary was a mother even when the child was in the womb. This baby in her womb was not a simple collection of cells, it was a child with an identity.
If a man hurt a pregnant woman and she lost the baby, the man’s own life was forfeited (Exodus 21:22-25). What value did God place upon a baby in the womb?
Job 3:16 speaks of a miscarriage and refers to “infants that never saw light.” It is not a glob of goo, it is an infant.
The Bible shows absolutely no distinction between a child in the womb and a child outside the womb.
- The same words in Hebrew and Greek are used to describe them.
- The same value is placed by God on their lives.
- The same God formed them and knows them.
- The same penalty is placed on those who kill them.
"They even sacrificed their sons and their daughters to the demons, and shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and their daughters, whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan; and the land was polluted with the blood." Psalm 106:37-38
Our nation is sacrificing our own sons and daughters. Millions of unborn babies have been sacrificed by their parents upon the altars of convenience, lifestyle and utter selfishness. Politicians, presidents, judges, representatives, governors, etc. have promoted this abominable holocaust upon our most vulnerable citizens. Doctors and organizations like Planned Parenthood have made themselves rich over the slaughtering of unborn children. They lined their pockets with the blood of the most innocent and precious gifts of God. God will bring certain and fierce judgment upon any people that commit such atrocities.
He will also bring swift judgment upon those who “approve” of such practices, and all those who sit idly by while our nation is decimating a whole generation (Romans 1:32).
Forgiveness can be found, however, in Jesus Christ for all sinners, including those who had abortions and those who performed abortions. You must come to Jesus, believing in Him and confessing Him with your mouth as the risen Lord and Christ (Romans 10:9-10). Jesus is calling you to repent of your sins and to be cleansed by His blood; He can set you free from sin by the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:9-11; Acts 2:38). Be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ to wash away your sins, be buried with Him in His death, and you will be set free from sin (Romans 6:1-7; Acts 22:16). God’s power that forever lives through the blood of Jesus Christ can cleanse your conscience and set you free (Hebrews 9:14; 10:22).